Department of Medical records Unit
The Benjamin Mkapa Medical Records Department is to maintain clear and complete medical record on every patient who visiting the hospital, admitted and discharged from the hospital, who was treated in the Emergency Department or ambulatory care units. The information is gathered from each patient encounter and is retrieved whenever necessary to enhance patient care. Furthermore, the Medical Records Department is committed to assist the medical staff and other health care professionals of the Medical Center in their duties and responsibilities to maintain timely completion and proper documentation of the patient care in the medical record.
- Receiving the Patient either a Follow- up or New case patient
- Record the patient information to the computer system.
- If possible take care the manual file of the patient
- Direct the Patient which clinic to attend.
- Admit patient to the ward.
- Retrieve information of patient if requested.